Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Photobucket

My husband and I went to the lake early this morning in hopes of fitting in some exercise/together time before the kids got up. This is how we were greeted, by hundreds of these little black water birds and their few duck friends. I guess the ducks wait a little longer to get up. They've posted signs saying not to feed the birds at the lake - they don't learn to forage for themselves, the food people give them is too high in fat and the birds won't go to the gym, the entire environment will collapse if people insist on feeding the birds at Lake Balboa, etc - but I ignore them and feed them surreptitiously. This is not an easy thing to do, but I found it's easier first thing in the morning, when it's still dark and the lake Gestapo is still too groggy to notice us.

They can go poo on themselves. People have been feeding those birds for roughly twenty years. The birds are fine, if a little complacent, arrogant and yeah, maybe chubby. I don't think the polar ice caps will melt any faster if we keep feeding them crackers.

So - in the time since I last wrote anything here, my oldest girl turned twenty-one, my mother in law had an angioplasty, I started going back to the gym and world peace ensued. I would have been able to spend more time here if not for the world peace, thing. It takes an awful lot of my time to instill peace throughout the whole world. My balcony is a riot of color and blooms. I may even get the passion flower to bloom this year. If so, I'll take pics.

Most of my time has been spent setting up the Etsy and South Park shops. It's a lot of work. What I really need is a small business loan and a room I can dedicate to my work space. Well, ok, what I really need is a small business loan, a mini van, a house with five or six bedrooms (one of which I can use for an office), a new camera and a laptop. A really killer laptop that makes other laptop owners wither with shame and envy.

In other news, my mother in law is ok now. My oldest girl went out with her aunt and I and had her first drink with us - a Cosmopolitan that she hated. Likewise the White Russian. She found the strawberry daiquiri tolerable. I think it's safe to say that alcoholism is not in her future. It will be interesting to see what she orders with her dinner next time we go out, though.

The other two kids are doing fine. We all went back to Disneyland over spring break and took more photos - yes, more photos of the Magical Kingdom. There is no excess in the Magical Kingdom. Neither are there calories, fat or diets. Or self-control, for that matter. I shot video of the new Nemo ride for you, but don't know yet how well it turned out. How about Soarin Over California? Or Star Tours? I tell you what - buy me all that other stuff and I'll show all four videos!

Have a magical day.