Saturday, April 19, 2008



So, my oldest daughter and I went to see "Up In Smoke" when it was screened at our local Arclight theater. I normally would never have watched the movie, me not being a stoner kind of gal, or even a stoner movie kind of gal. But Cheech and Chong were supposed to be there together for the first time in I don't know how long to do an after-show Q and A, and I like Cheech a lot and it seemed a one of a kind experience to have with one's oldest daughter, so I went.

I guess a lot of people are stoner kind of people, because they had to add a second show, the one we caught. Unfortunately, Cheech couldn't stay for that one and Chong couldn't stay much longer than that, but he did give us a little something at the beginning. I caught almost all of it before the theater nazis, who didn't mind the people next to me blazing up, told me to stop taping. I wouldn't mind one of my kids bringing home a Chong kind of person. And to be honest, the movie had some very funny bits. We sat there with our drinks, breathing in the smoke from the people next to us and laughed - and I wondered when it happened that I went from shrieking "just say no!" at her to this.