Monday, April 14, 2008

Photobucket

Our happy, bonding bunnies.

Our family has been given three free sets of tickets to Disneyland in the last two years, all recompense for various transgressions this squeaky wheel refused to let quietly pass. Someone got hurt or scared or was treated badly, that kind of thing. I mention this because I overheard the kids discussing a news story they heard about a family suing a water park after their little girl got hurt on a water slide.

The kids were suggesting that perhaps "pushing a jellybean size person down a fifty foot water drop" wasn't the smartest of moves and I agree. Contact Children's Protective Services. Then call a lawyer. Opportunistic? Hell yes - the parents were dumb, but so was the ride operator, where the buck is supposed to make its last stop before being shot down a fifty foot water slide.

It's like I tell my kids - I don't encourage anyone putting their hands in the water on Pirates of the Caribbean or standing up on California Screaming. However, if one of them does it and gets hurt, the very first thing I will do, after turning to my child and calling them a dumbass, will be to turn to the ride operator and tell them they'll be hearing from our lawyer.

Then again, my retirement plan depends heavily on hoping to be hit by a city fire truck.